Management of the Behavioural issues in Dementia
• Physical activities such as walks and exercise, group interaction with others
• physical and social contact with other living beings in the form of pet therapy
• Therapy to improve sensory loss, through hand massages, music, and art
• Giving simple household tasks such as folding clothes that makes them feel that they are being useful
• To improve the cognitive deficits, patients can be given tablet computers and other devices that stimulate their brain
• Education programs for caregivers to help them better deal with their patients
Management through various therapies can help reduce the depression, anxiety, and aggression seen in dementia patients.